Walton Motorsport Mazda MX5 Exhaust Manifold – MK2 BP4W V2
Adding a little boost to the trusty little Convertible? Well, you are off to a good start by using our BP4W MX5 Exhaust Manifold.
There’s no shortage of MX5 exhaust manifolds available. What sets the Walton Motorsport version apart from the competition is our construction methods.
*This manifold is PAS compatible with minor pipe routing modifications*
MX5 Exhaust Manifold Construction
- First and foremost not all 304 Stainless steel is created equal. We carefully select the exact specification of the tube that we use. The use of poor quality tube can compromise the whole design. For Instance, exhaust manifolds experience repeated high-temperature cycles. In these situations, we have seen poor tubing split along the seam.
- We design the head flanges inhouse. However, we outsource the precision Fiber Laser Cutting. The use of more modern Fiber Laser cutting allows for increased accuracy over traditional laser cutting
- Where the manifold meets the exhaust ports, Walton Motorsports process is to push the tubing through the head flange and TIG weld each side. This process is followed by a selection of finishing tools. We do this to create a smooth port for the gasses to freely flow through. Consequently, this process greatly increases the durability of the manifold. Rather than using the traditional method of welding the tube to the face of the flange. Moreover, our method is where we also face the problem of an oval port needing to transition smoothly to a round tube. The stubs process, in short, helps increase power through the improved flow.
- The collector we use is a custom-designed merge collector. We proudly design and build in house. This results, in allowing us to add some features to set it apart from the competition. The first step is to TIG weld the seams inside the collector. Our fabricators then turn their attention to the outside of the collector. They TIG Weld the seams from this direction. The next step is to port the inside of the collector back to a smooth point. Subsequently, this improves gas flow and adds a large amount of strength. Without welding the inside of the collector there is a danger of small fragments breaking off at the high temperatures. These fragments will then make their way through your expensive turbo. We don’t need to tell you how bad that can be.
More information on our methods can be found HERE
Bombproof? We haven’t found out yet. Our exhaust manifolds have been designed put up with some serious abuse though. We offer a lifetime warranty on our products as many do. However, we put a huge emphasis on the strength and durability of our products to stop them from failing. The biggest inconvenience when it comes to a failed manifold (providing none of it ends up inside your turbo or engine) is removing it for repair. By eliminating the failure in the first place, we can honestly say it would be extremely unlikely to experience a failure of our products. Consequently, We wouldn’t sleep well at night if our product failed and cost you a result
MX5 Exhaust Manifold Features
- Carefully selected 304 Stainless steel tube. Working to eliminate the risk of material failure.
- Fully Purged welded. Subsequently improving gas flow leading to increases in power and lowered response times.
- Ported Merge Collector Welded Internally and Externally. Resulting in high strength, durability and turbo lifespan.
- Fully Smoothed Head Ports designed to optimize gas flow, resulting in an increase of power and lowered response times.
- Optimized for use with Turbosmart Gen-V Compgate 40 Wastegates (when using external option).
- Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing faults and defects.
- Supplied with 40mm V-Band Wastegate Flange.