1. Any reference to Company/Seller shall mean Walton Motorsport Fabrication LTD
2. Buyer/Purchaser shall mean any person, sole trader, partnership, business, body corporate or other entity detailed in the appropriate section of the sales invoice/order form and shall include all successors, heirs and assigns. Where a person deals entirely as a consumer, legal rights shall remain unaffected. Where the term buyer appears within these terms it shall mean consumer buyer/purchaser unless specified as relating to a trade buyer or consumer buyer individually.
3. Goods or equipment shall mean the items detailed in the appropriate section of the sales/order form and it shall be a core term of this agreement that all ancillary items are additional to this agreement unless specifically detailed within the sales invoice/order form.
4. Price shall mean the consideration due for purchase and shall include VAT unless otherwise stated. Purchasers should note that prices quoted may vary during the currency of brochures (upwards or downwards) and current prices are quoted at the time of order. In respect of orders placed via the Internet, these shall not be accepted by us until confirmed.
5. “Working day” shall mean any day excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
6. These conditions shall apply to all of the company’s quotations and contracts, orders (including telephone orders) for the sale or supply of goods accepted by the company. For the trade buyer, any other terms or representations, whether implied by statute, made prior to, collateral with or subsequent to the contract or order are hereby excluded and shall not be binding upon the company. For the consumer purchaser, additional conditions shall only be binding upon the company if confirmed in writing by the company.
7. The company reserves the right to amend technical or clerical errors in any order without notice. In addition, the buyer shall ensure that all details contained within the order are correct and no liability for any error or inaccuracy shall lie with the company.
8. All guarantees for products are provided entirely by the manufacturers/UK importers and are subject to terms contained therein. Purchasers are reminded to complete all warranty cards/documents upon receipt of goods where appropriate.
LIMITATIONS UPON LIABILITY
9. Advice given by agents or servants of this company during telephone/Internet orders is based entirely upon information given by the purchaser. Where advice is given after visual inspection by agents or servants of this company, such advice shall amount to an opinion only and the company shall not accept liability for any inaccuracies. Additionally, goods supplied are supplied only to correspond to the purpose for which goods of that kind are commonly supplied and not alternative uses to which they may be put. No liability for failure can be accepted by this company for such alternative use, amendment or modification.
10. Compatibility of goods is not guaranteed where modifications or alterations have been made and the company shall, in such circumstances, and at its discretion, issue a refund or credit to the purchaser.
11. Where goods purchased by the buyer are alleged to be defective, the purchaser agrees to return such goods to the seller for inspection and report (without the seller replacing the said goods prior to such inspection). The purchaser further confirms that it shall be reasonable for the seller to inspect, repair or replace (at its option) such defective goods and allow manufacturers to undertake inspections so as to allow production methods to be modified. The purchaser also accepts that it is reasonable to inform the seller of any interruption, defect or other failure prior to contacting independent third parties or incurring expense and, in addition, to allow the seller to remedy the defect, failure or interruption. Parts modified or adapted by the purchaser shall no longer be warranted by the manufacturer nor shall the company be liable for any failures resulting subsequent to modification.
12. “Competition” goods are supplied for specialist use and are subject to extreme wear and stress whilst in use. Life expectancy and durability are greatly reduced and purchasers should note that any claim for failure/wear shall be limited to that of the manufactures guarantees. It is agreed that such use shall be a relevant circumstance for the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). In addition, parts connected to parts supplied by this company may be placed under stress where specialist/competition parts are used, and purchasers should take advice from experts prior to purchase. Manufacturers may also limit guarantees when components are installed for competition use.
13. Where modifications or alterations and poor maintenance to goods have been made the company shall accept no liability for death or personal injury unless caused directly by its own negligence.
14. No liability is accepted by the company where purchasers attempt to modify or install components supplied where it is known or ought reasonably to be known that the part supplied is incorrectly supplied, defective or otherwise not in accordance with the order.
15. The company accepts no liability in respect of failure to supply or other interruptions caused by matters beyond the reasonable control of the company, including strikes, lockouts, civil disputes, acts of God, war or actions by third parties.
16. Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement shall confer, nor is it intended to confer, a benefit on any third party (for the purposes of the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or for any other purpose).
17. Quotations are given on the assumption that no variation in the price will be made by the manufacturer/sole importer and that Government levies remain unaltered. In the event of such changes, orders placed before the variation will remain the same price and no further increases will be passed to customer.
Please note that on PayPal items we will ship all items to the PayPal address.
TITLE AND DELIVERY
18. Title to the product shall not pass to the buyer until the company has received payment in full completing the contract. In the event that sums owing in respect of other items ordered within contract remain due, apportionment by this company shall take place without prejudice to the right to retain title in respect of all goods ordered.
19. All times given for dispatch or delivery are approximate and time shall not be of the essence. The buyer agrees to allow 30 days in any written notice making time of the essence and further agrees to accept full liability in respect of delayed or late delivery or dispatch. In any event, delivery times are approximate and variable. When delivery is affected to the purchaser directly or to an independent delivery contractor as agent for the purchaser, risk shall pass to the buyer immediately.
In regards to Delivered Courier deliveries the next day service is not guaranteed therefore we cannot be held responsible when any agreed delivery date has been arranged and the Delivery failed to happen.
20. The buyer is required to notify the company, in writing, of any shortage, miss delivery or other discrepancy immediately, or at the latest within five days of such failure, thereafter the buyer shall be liable for any such discrepancy. Where delivery is affected to the buyers own delivery contractor, loss or damage in transit claims should be made directly to the carrier. The company will assist purchasers in making their claim. Buyers should retain all packaging in the event of a claim or return within the terms of this agreement.
CANCELLATION OF ORDERS AND LIABILITY
21. A consumer buyer shall have the right to cancel any contract for goods made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions within fourteen working days from the day after delivery of the goods. Cancellation of the contract can be effected by service of the Cancellation Notice annexed to these Terms and Conditions signed on behalf of the buyer and delivered either by e-mail to [email protected] or by first class post to the Company’s Head office.
22. If a Notice of Cancellation is received by the Company in accordance with clause 23 the consumer buyer shall become liable to return the goods to the Company forthwith, to such address as directed by the Company preferably in their original packaging (and without having been installed or used) and at the consumer buyer’s sole expense.
23. If the consumer buyer fails to return the goods within 14 days of the cancellation of the contract, the Company shall be entitled to collect the goods from the consumer buyer and to recover any direct costs involved in such collection from the consumer buyer.
24. The Company shall affect a refund of any monies owing to the consumer in respect of the goods within 30 days from the date of cancellation of the contract. Such a refund will be subject to any set of monies to which the Company is entitled under clause 25.
25. Goods delivered to the buyer may be returned to the Company preferably in original packaging (packaging must be adequate for returning by post etc) and without being installed or used for credit within 14 days from the day after delivery of the goods.
26. The buyer confirms that he shall comply with any or all rules relating to installation of the product concerned and fully accepts that any loss which results from forced, misdirected, inappropriate or unqualified installation shall not be accepted by the company.
28. Please note that for items ordered from Walton Motorsport that your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you. We reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason. Possible reasons for cancellation include, but are not limited to the following:
a. Potentially fraudulent order. Before shipping orders, we run a check to make sure they are legitimate. If the check fails, we may cancel your order.
B.Incorrect pricing. We reserve the right to remove any item from any order and provide a full refund to the customer for that item.
28. This agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with English Law and industry custom and practice, and English courts shall have sole jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising there from. In respect of Internet sales, jurisdiction or the agreement shall be with English Law and it shall be deemed that any agreement is made in Southampton, Hampshire, irrespective of any rule of contract dictating otherwise.
A2. This website has been prepared solely on the information supplied by the contributors and manufacturers. Its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The publishers and their production team cannot accept liability for inaccuracies, errors or omissions in such information howsoever arising. Prices are correct at the time of submission to the site, excluding genuine mistakes.
Specifications are advised by the manufacturer, and are subject to change by the manufacturer at any time.
The above does not affect your statutory rights.