Walton Motorsport Mitsubishi Evo 4-9 Exhaust Manifold OEM Fitment
The Mitsubishi EVO needs a little extra power from the factory. A great way to increase the power is with a tubular manifold. Designed as a direct replacement for OEM fitment on EVO 4-9. These manifolds are also an ideal replacement for a cracked standard manifold.
There’s no shortage of Mitsubishi Evo 4-9 exhaust manifolds available. The construction methods we use set our product apart from the rivals.
Mitsubishi Evo 4-9 OEM Exhaust Manifold Construction
- First and foremost not all 304 Stainless steel is created equal. We carefully select the exact specification of the tube that we use. The use of poor quality tube can compromise the whole design. For Instance, exhaust manifolds experience repeated high-temperature cycles. In these situations, we have seen poor tubing split along the seam.
- We design the head flanges inhouse. However, we outsource the precision Fiber Laser Cutting. The use of more modern Fiber Laser cutting allows for increased accuracy over traditional laser cutting
- Where the manifold meets the exhaust ports, Walton Motorsports process is to push the tubing through the head flange and TIG weld each side. This process is followed by a selection of finishing tools. We do this to create a smooth port for the gasses to freely flow through. Consequently, this process greatly increases the durability of the manifold. Rather than using the traditional method of welding the tube to the face of the flange. Moreover, our method is where we also face the problem of an oval port needing to transition smoothly to a round tube. The stubs process, in short, helps increase power through the improved flow.
- The collector we use is a custom-designed merge collector. We proudly design and build in house. This results, in allowing us to add some features to set it apart from the competition. The first step is to TIG weld the seams inside the collector. Our fabricators then turn their attention to the outside of the collector. They TIG Weld the seams from this direction. The next step is to port the inside of the collector back to a smooth point. Subsequently, this improves gas flow and adds a large amount of strength. Without welding the inside of the collector there is a danger of small fragments breaking off at the high temperatures. These fragments will then make their way through your expensive turbo. We don’t need to tell you how bad that can be.
More information on our methods can be found HERE
Bombproof? We haven’t found out yet. Walton Motorsport has designed the manifolds to put up with some serious abuse though. We offer a lifetime warranty on our products as many do. However, we put a huge emphasis on the strength and durability of our products to stop them from failing. The biggest inconvenience when it comes to a failed manifold (providing none of it ends up inside your turbo or engine) is removing it for repair. By eliminating the failure in the first place, we can honestly say it would be extremely unlikely to experience a failure of our products. Consequently, We wouldn’t sleep well at night if our product failed and cost you a result.
Mitsubishi Evo 4-9 OEM Exhaust Manifold Features
- Fully OEM Compatible.
- Carefully selected 304 Stainless steel tube. Working to eliminate the risk of material failure.
- 10mm Head Flange.
- 10mm Turbo Flange.
- Back Purge TIG Welded for improved flow
- Ported Merge Collector Welded Internally and Externally. Resulting in high strength, durability and turbo lifespan.
- Fully Smoothed Head Ports designed to optimize gas flow. As a result, providing an increase in power and lowered response times.