Walton Motorsport Toyota 2JZ GTE Exhaust Manifold
The iconic Toyota 2JZ engine needs no introduction. This mighty power unit is begging for a large turbo, in short, our 2JZ GTE Manifold is just the product to enable that.
If you are looking for the non-turbo GE version, it can be found HERE
There’s no shortage of Toyota 2JZ exhaust manifolds available. The construction methods we use set our product apart from our rivals.
Toyota 2JZ GTE Exhaust Manifold Construction
- First and foremost not all 304 Stainless steel is created equal. We carefully select the exact specification of the tube that we use. The use of a poor-quality tube can compromise the whole design. For Instance, exhaust manifolds experience repeated high-temperature cycles. In these situations, we have seen poor tubing split along the seam.
- We design the head flanges in-house. However, we outsource the precision Fiber Laser Cutting. The use of more modern Fiber Laser cutting allows for increased accuracy over traditional laser cutting
- Where the manifold meets the exhaust ports, Walton Motorsport’s process is to push the tubing through the head flange and TIG weld each side. This process is followed by a selection of finishing tools. We do this to create a smooth port for the gasses to freely flow through. Consequently, this process dramatically increases the durability of the manifold, rather than using the traditional method of welding the tube to the face of the flange. Moreover, our approach also solves the problem of an oval port needing to transition smoothly to a round tube. The stubs process, in short, helps increase power through the improved flow.
- The collector we use is a custom billet merge collector. We proudly designed this collector in-house to exceed the performance of our previous market-leading hand-fabricated version. The freedom of design we have utilizing the complex 5-axis mill production process really allows us to be a step above the competition by allowing precision boost control on our unique wastegate ports. The machining process over traditional fabrication ensures that there is no danger of small fragments breaking off at high temperatures. These fragments will then make their way through your expensive turbo. We don’t need to tell you how bad that can be. And did we mention it’s machined in the UK?
More information on our methods can be found HERE
When building an exhaust manifold there are always small compromises caused by space available, to make the most of this we offer two different positions for our JZ Manifolds
Type A features equal-length primary pipes ideal for making the most of your turbo setup. Due to the engine mount design along with suspension turret positions, Type A sits higher and more rearwards than Type B. For minimal bonnet modifications, we recommend using a turbo no larger dimensionally than a GTX3582. The Type A is ideal for conversions such as a Nissan S-Chassis, due to the extra height these chassis allow over models such as a Toyota Supra. Type A also can work with our Fresh Air Anti-lag option.
Type B features room to mount larger turbos such as the Borg-Warner S369 on chassis such as the Toyota Supra without bonnet modifications. Its position is very close to other aftermarket brands of manifolds designed for the JZ engine. Due to the lower positions, Type B is unsuitable for the Fresh Air Antilag system.
GT86 Chassis – T4 Twinscroll with single wastegate is not suitable due to space constraints – For Twin Scroll options please order without fitted wastegate flanges as custom pipework will be required.
Bombproof? We haven’t found out yet. Our exhaust manifolds have been designed to put up with some serious abuse though. We offer a lifetime warranty on our products as many do. However, we put a huge emphasis on the strength and durability of our products to stop them from failing. The biggest inconvenience when it comes to a failed manifold (providing none of it ends up inside your turbo or engine) is removing it for repair. By eliminating the failure in the first place, we can honestly say it would be extremely unlikely to experience a failure of our products. Consequently, We wouldn’t sleep well at night if our product failed and cost you a result.
*Anti Lag System equipped Manifolds 1 Year Warranty.
Anti Lag System
The 2JZ GTE Manifold now has the option of fresh air anti-lag pipework. Our experience fitting these systems to Rally X cars has been transferred onto our JZ range of manifolds. We utilize 16mm tubing and mandrel bends. During welding, we back-purge the system leading to smooth flow. Combined with a designed in-house billet CNC machined collector flange, consequently, fitment is exclusively intended to be used with the Turbosmart ALV40 fresh air valve.
For further information regarding fresh air anti-lag systems click HERE.
Fresh Air Antilag places extreme stress on the exhaust manifold. Along with other turbo and engine components. As a result, we can only offer a 1 Year Warranty on manifolds equipped with this system.
Toyota 2JZ GTE Exhaust Manifold Features
- Carefully selected 304 Stainless steel tube. Working to eliminate the risk of material failure.
- Fully Purged welded. Subsequently improving gas flow leads to increases in power and lowered response times.
- Ported Merge Collector Welded Internally and Externally. Resulting in high strength, durability, and turbo lifespan.
- Curved wastegate port design developed with leading engine tuners to allow high control and remove boost creep.
- Fully Smoothed Head Ports designed to optimize gas flow. As a result, providing an increase in power and lowered response times.
- Optimized for use with the Turbosmart Gen-V Wastegates.
- Optionally compatible with Fresh Air Antilag.
- Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing faults and defects. (ALS Manifolds 1 year)